Your roadmap to optimal health
Recent advances in our understanding of genetics, epigenetics, and the microbiome have led to radical changes in the way we look at the human body. Recent breakthroughs in diagnostic testing technology have given us powerful new ways to examine and analyze the ways our bodies work — or should work — to keep us healthy. By gathering and organizing a wide range of information about your lifestyle and biomarkers, we can show you the factors that have the most dramatic impact on your health.
The IMNY Optimal Health Program taps into the latest knowledge and state-of-the-art technology to bring you a highly detailed, comprehensive, and personalized evaluation of your health. It will become a roadmap on your journey to optimal health.
Here’s what your assessment will consist of:
(See Preparing for Your Assessment for suggestions that will help you get the most value from this visit. It is essential that you complete each tab in your Medical Profile in the P2P Patient Portal at least 24 hours before your visit. The other suggestions are optional.)
- 75-minute consultation to review your medical and family history, lifestyle, risk factors, and health concerns. Your answers to the Medical Symptom/Toxicity Questionnaire (MSQ) will be used to establish a baseline symptom score.
- Physical examination.
- Bio-impedance analysis to assess body composition.
- Screening for sleep apnea and genetic cancer risk.
- Comprehensive laboratory profile from Empire City Laboratories that includes blood count, chemistries, thyroid, significant genetic markers, a pharmacogenetics profile, sex hormones, vitamins, minerals, and metabolic detoxification markers.
One-hour telephone or Skype consultation with our Functional Medicine Nutritionist to help you design the optimal diet plan and lifestyle modifications, and to provide you with guidelines to make these changes happen. You have the option to schedule additional consultations.
A 45-minute consultation to review your history and test results. This review gives you an historical perspective on your health by identifying the antecedents, triggers and mediators that affect your health. We identify root causes of potential illness and modifiable lifestyle factors to improve gene expression, and we help you understand how various factors are affecting your health. We use the Functional Medicine Matrix as a tool to demonstrate how the interaction of body systems affects your health.
- The analysis identifies any imbalances in nutrients, hormones and metabolism that you may have. Combining this information with your clinical data and your own preferences enables us to design your personalized supplement plan, and to recommend any advanced testing that may be appropriate.
- Your personalized treatment protocol includes the recommendation of supplements and medications, and specific information on how you metabolize hormones, nutrients and drugs.
- Pharmacogenetics analysis provides detailed information about how you metabolize specific medications. Being a slow or rapid metabolizer can affect both the risk of medication side effects and effectiveness. Armed with this data, you and your physicians can make more informed decisions when medications are prescribed.
- You will have the option to order a customized package of medications, NSF GMP-certified supplements, and nutraceuticals from our affiliated compounding pharmacy.
- Your treatment program is designed to return hormones, pre-hormones, vitamins, minerals, proteins and electrolytes to optimal levels.
Health is a dynamic process influenced by environmental, behavioral and interpersonal factors. Tracking the changes in these factors that typically occur over time is essential to the success of this program. To accomplish this, testing can be repeated every three months. The first sample is collected two months after starting the supplement program.
- A quarterly follow up with the Nurse Practitioner will be scheduled. Prior to your consult, blood testing will be repeated to determine if you have met your nutrient targets. The Empire City Labs phlebotomy team can collect samples at your home or office, at your convenience.
- After reviewing the test results and an updated MSQ (Symptom Questionnaire) the Nurse Practitioner will consult with you in a follow-up visit either by phone or in the office.
- If your body composition has changed, a follow up BIA (bio-impedance analysis) is recommended.
- The program fee of $1,200 includes first visit, nutritional consultation, and follow-up visit.
- We require that you leave a credit card on file and a $100 deposit. You must cancel at least 48 hours before your appointment for a refund of your deposit and to avoid a cancellation fee.
- -Your insurance company covers testing, within the limits of your policy, but you may be responsible for insurance deductibles, or for testing that your insurance does not cover.
- Tracking visits are $200, and the follow-up BIA, if necessary, is $75.
- -Follow-up sessions with the Nutritionist are $200 an hour.
- Your insurer may reimburse visits with Nurse Practitioners if you have out-of-network coverage. You can use an HSA or Flex Spending Account to cover the costs of your visits.
- We have made special arrangements with Empire City Labs to accept assignment for the costs of laboratory testing.