Alzheimer’s & Cognitive Impairment
Alzheimer’s disease is a complex condition with many contributing factors, which necessitates a functional approach to identify and analyze them.
Dr. Dale Bredesen, MD, an internationally recognized expert in neurodegenerative diseases and the author of the New York Times bestseller, The End of Alzheimer’s, has developed a treatment approach called The Bredesen Protocol. Dr. Bredesen’s algorithm analyzes over 140 data points to identify the dominant cause of Alzheimer’s in each patient and prepare a personalized roadmap for treatment.
As a certified provider of the Bredesen Protocol, Dr. Beer and his team will guide you through the protocol and provide nutritional consultations, supplements, medications, and lifestyle education. The basic elements of the program are:
- A major reduction or total elimination of processed foods, simple carbohydrates and gluten.
- An increase in consumption of vegetables, fruits and non-farmed fish.
- Meditation and yoga for stress reduction.
- Exercising for at least 30 minutes a day, up to six days per week.
- Sleeping between seven and eight hours each night.
- Fasting for at least 12 hours between dinner and breakfast.